Resources & Links
Army Security Agency Veteran and Memorial Web Sites
- Det B, 600th ASA Co In San Vito Italy - John Perkins' San Vito Site (Det B, 600th ASA Company) and a couple more ASA related pages.
- ASA Lives - The Locator Data Base Site - Vern Greunke's ASA Database site. A must visit if you are looking for old ASA buddies
- ASA ONLINE - "the original MEGA ASA Website designed by "Maddog", also a charter member of the NASAA. Enter the archives - however, please remember this website is "as is" --- yes, there are broken links, missing graphics, and some people referenced are now deceased." Preceding from Vern's ASA Lives site.
- Arne Mahlum's Field Station Augsburg - The site is listed in "care taker" mode at the moment. Extensive excellent site. Hope Arne reactivates the site.
- ASA Alpiners - Since 1982 veterans of the Army Security Agency forces serving in Germany and/or Austria have been holding reunions under the auspices of the 116/8608 Reunion Group.
- ASA Chitose Association - Welcome to the Home Page of the Army Security Agency (ASA) Chitose Association Inc. 12th USASAFS Japan
- ASA Duffy's Net - Stan Perdue's ASA DFer's reunion site. Several reunions have been organized and attendance appears to be growing.
- ASA In Thailand - Richard Jaslovsky 's ASA history in Thailand site. Covers a great bit of everything Thailand ASA related
- Lübeck Association - To locate, communicate, and inform former members of the U.S. Army Security Agency who were stationed in Lübeck, Germany during the Cold War years from 1954 through 1965.
- Old Spooks & Spies - Southeast Asia Army Security Agency Veterans Association, a tax-exempt non-profit membership organization.
- The 119th & 130th Signal Radio Intelligence Companies - World War II - MY REMINISCES OF WW II U.S. Army Signal Corps, 119th and 130th Signal Radio Intelligence Companies Frank Lauderdale Saffarrans, Jr.
- The 177th USASA Operations Company - Korea - The 177th USASA Operations Co. was created in July, 1957 as part of a world-wide force reduction that required the Army Security Agency to inactivate numerous Table of Organization and Equipment (TOE) units and replace them with temporary Table of Distrib
- The Army Security Agency, Alumni Association, National Capitol Region - Consolidates the Association's Activity. It is the sponsoring group of the annual ASA picnic since 1977 after ASA termination. Also provides much news and comment regarding ASA/
- The National Army Security Agency Association (NASAA) - An organization dedicated to preserving the history, memories, and friendships derived from serving in the ASA during the years of its existence 1945 - 1976.
Associated Web Sites
- SIGINT WORLD - A web-site directory of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Communications Intelligence(COMINT), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT), Cryptology, Military & National Intelligence Security Operations, and related sites.
- Birgelen Veterans Association - 13th Signal Regiment (Radio) - The site is primarily for the benefit of its members. It facilitates contact between those who served with: 1 Wireless Regiment, Munster, 13th Signal Regiment (Radio) Birgelen and their sub-units. Duffys should take a look at their equipment page.
- Signals intelligence in modern history - :"This article is a subset article of the article Signals intelligence, which addresses the unifying conceptual and technical factors and common technologies in this intelligence discipline. This article deals with signals intelligence in the context of m
Government Web Sites
- USAINSCOM - INSCOM US Army Intelligence and Security Command (successor organization to the Army Security Agency). Might want to watch the homepage video.
- NSA - National Security Agency / Central Security Service
- GCHQ Government Communications Headquarters - GCHQ is one of 3 UK Intelligence Agencies and a part of the UK's National Intelligence Machinery. GCHQ works in partnership with the Security Service (MI5) and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6)
- National Cryptologic Museum - The National Cryptologic Museum is the National Security Agency's principal gateway to the public. It shares the Nation's, as well as NSA's, cryptologic legacy and place in world history.
D-Day Divisions and D-Day Web Sites
- 29th Infantry Division Historical Society - The 29th Infantry Division trained in Scotland and England for the crosschannel invasion, October 1942-June 1944. Teamed with the 1st Division, a regiment of the 29th Division (116th Infantry) was in the first assault wave to hit the beaches at Normandy o
- American Battle Monuments Commission - Excellent site. Excellent pictures and videos of our "overseas" military cemeteries.
- Home of the 1st Infantry Division UK Reenactment Group - Dedicated to the memory of the officers, NCO's and soldiers of the United States 1st Infantry Division who took part in one of the most memorable and historical military operations ever conducted: The invasion of Normandy on June 6th, 1944.
- Memories of D-Day - Gold Beach - 50th (Northumbrian) Division and supporting units landed on Gold Beach. After heavy fighting they advanced inland.
- National 4th Infantry (Ivy) Division Association - Supporting the Veterans, Soldiers and Friends of the 4th Infantry Division Since 1919
- Portsmouth Museums and Records - D-Day and the Battle of Normandy: Your Questions Answered
- Society of the First Infantry Division - The Big Red One - The Society of the First Infantry Division is the official organization of veterans who have served in the 1st Infantry Division, (The Big Red One), of the U.S. Army. It represents well over one million veterans who have served in the 1st Infantry Divisio
- SWORD Beach - British Troops - The Sword sector is the responsability of the 3rd British Infantry Division. This beach, the eastern-most of the invasion area, is located between the towns of Lion sur Mer to the west and Ouistreham to the east.
- The National D-Day Memorial Foundation - Deliberately sited to rise above the community (Bedford, VA) that experienced this country’s severest per capita losses on D-Day, the Memorial reminds all who enter it of the heavy price that heartland communities have paid, and still pay, for freedom.
- The Normandy Campaign - The Advance Inland - Interactive media webpages of the campaign sponsored and presented by The American Battle Monuments Commission.
Other Web Sites That May Be Of Interest
- Chris Noel - Hollywood's VIETNAM PIN-UP QUEEN - Hollywood starlet to AFVN Radio Disc Jockey to founding homeless Viet Vets shelter.
- Cipher Machines and Cryptology - Historical and Technical Information about Crypto Machines, Cryptology and Free Software Simulations
- Cipher Mysteries - Welcome to Nick Pelling's Cipher Mysteries, a blog devoted to unsolved historical code/cipher mysteries. It also looks sideways to other (perhaps less obvious) places where these appear - books, films, TV, radio, music, opera, sculpture, design, metalwork
- Wounded Warrior Project - To honor and empower wounded warriors.